Friday, November 16, 2007

Long night ahead





I signed up 2 days ago for Nathaniels Run which takes place tonight in Shawnee Mission Park. It is a timed event on a 1.6 mile trail loop. We start at 6:00 pm tonight and will run until 6 AM for the 12 hour portion. There is also a 6 and 24hour event too. John is running also so hopefully we can help keep each other awake through the night. It is going to be mighty cold out tonight with temps
in the 30's, which at night feels a lot colder than it really is. I don't really have a mileage goal, just goin out to have some fun. I bought some new CW-X expert insulated tights for winter running so I should have a chance to try then out tonight. Unfortunately Tiff works all weekend so I will have to be up all day with the kids afterwards.

Saturday night is the Christmas tree lighting in Kearney. Tristan is singing for it so after being up for 36 hours I will get to go back out in the cold for that Saturday night. Sunday I am going up to Cameron to get my coaches certification completed for wrestling. Once I get through all of that it will be a relaxing week. I am off work next week and look forward to hanging out at home and eating a lot of wonderful food.

Last weekend was the Vets Day 4 miler at Wyco. I really had a bad day out there. Everything just seemed much harder than it should have been. It was still a blast but I just had a rough time. We ran before and after the race also to get in more miles although I had to cut out a bit early since I was called into work and struggling with the running anyways.

Unless I recover very well and quickly, this will be my last long race for the year. Dude, Where's the trail is next weekend, which I would like to do, but I will just wait to see how I feel. We are planning on a 30 to 40 mile training run in December sometime and then the Cameron Fatt Ass Jan 1. Have a great weekend!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well by the time you read this it'll be to late. Congrats though on whatever distance you covered. I tried to be there but I couldn't get anyone to cover for me at work. Hope it was a fun time. I'll see you guys at Cameron. Take care and have a good holiday season man.