Monday, April 9, 2007

Don't just sing it,.,.BRING IT
















This past week was my busiest as far as running goes. Sunday I Ran brew2brew. It was a pretty smooth run. I got lost with a group of people the first leg and ended up running an extra 1/2 mile to get back on course. I fininshed in 7:22 good for 6th overall scratch time. I felt satisfied considering I had already logged 46 miles that week and didn't taper at all. Shane helped me out by taking some of my stuff of my hands while crewing for his brother Cody. I ran with him the first half of the race. The next weekend I took the family to Kansas for the Rockin K in Kanapolis State Park. The kids spent most of the weekend in the indoor pool, so they were happy. I did the marathon due to time constraints with it being Easter weekend. It was about 17 degrees at the start and up to around 30 by the time I finshed. Rick and I pretty much ran together the whole race. The numerous water crossings, 25 mph winds and temps in the teens combined to make a very chilly day. The course was a strange combo of sand, water, hills and gopher holes. It was very difficult mentally for me, I really wanted to do the 50 mile but I couldn't make my wife and kids wait around 5 more hours in the cold for me. It is all or nothing from now on. I printed out the Free State 100k and kettle moraine 100 mile entries today to send them off. I am going to go for another big mile week this week and then cut back a bit for Free State. I put in 183 miles the past two weeks. I am going to run as much as I can in preperation for Kettle. Today I flipped the switch to ON. It is all about Kettle Moraine June 2nd. It sounds like there will be a few trail nerds going up for the trip. It should be a good time.




































































4 comments:

Breeves2000 said...

That's some pretty amazing toughness. Kudos on the Rockin K and best of luck to ya in training for Free State and Kettle Moraine! Keep up the good work. You make the Trail Nerds proud to have you as a representative!

Shane A. Jones said...

Thats a pretty heavy duty week. I love that pic of you in the water-looks COLD. Good job at B2B and Rockin K. See ya at Free State!!!

Shane A. Jones said...

Yeah, it does suck that I missed Rockin K. I saw that Rich did 4:41, so I think I could've done sub 5hrs without too much of a problem. The conditions looked pretty rough though.

Shane A. Jones said...

Those shrooms are from Wyco, but they're from last year. I f I find another bunch like that I'll save you some! Needs to get warmer.