Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Next stop.... Tulsa


Last week was pretty rough, I had to work a lot and was not able to get in many morning runs. I only got in 50 miles but I was also still in a slight recovery mode from the Northface 50. I am not leaving for Tulsa until Saturday afternoon after Corbin's football game. John and I are driving down and Carey Smith is crashing in our room also. I am not tapering at all for this race, just using it as another long run for Traveller. I would rather get in a lot of miles this week than do well in the race.
Last year we had a good time at Tulsa and I axpect Brian Hoover and the Taturs to put on another excellent event. It will be a short trip since we are planning on coming back right after the race. I haven't put much thought into Traveller 100 yet, I will need to get started on all of that soon, hopefully next week. Not much interesting this past week, be safe and run strong.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck in Tulsa brother.

Olga said...

Not that I didn't read it, but yes, didn't comment - yay for NF50! I think you ran a wonderful time, and 43 miles of pavement must have hurt badly! Last time I did a stunt like this was back in central Park of NYC in 2004...can't even make it 10 miles of roads these days. Good luck in Tulsa and planning AT100!